A Helping Hand is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) and an exclusive quest in the Iki Island Expansion. Tales of Iki are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A man is building a new home by himself after Mongols destroyed his house. I gave him what I could. He told me he’s building his home in a grassy clearing west of Fort Sakai. I should look for him there.
A Helping Hand Information
- Location: Tatsu's Ladder
- Quest Giver: Peasant
- Act ??
- Region: Iki Island
- Prerequisite: Find the peasant across different location 3 times, each time giving him a new material.
A Helping Hand Rewards
A Helping Hand Objectives
- Locate Peasant in Woods
- Locate Peasant in Field
- Locate Peasant at Beach
- Locate Peasant at House
A Helping Hand Walkthrough
A Hidden Tale
- A Helping Hand is a unique tale in that it is a secret quest that will not be activated, nor marked with an objective.
- You simply interact with the same peasant multiple times across different locations, and lend him a helping hand by bringing him the various materials that he needs to rebuild his house, which will officially activate the quest in your journal, but completing it at the same time.
Approach the Peasant at the Woods
- You can track down the Peasant in the Woods just above Tatsu's Ladder, as his location is marked by a trail of white vapor drifting above.
- Interact with the Peasant to speak with him. Provide him with 3 pieces of Yew Wood to help him rebuild his house.
Deliver Hide to the Peasant at the Fields
- Look for the peasant again, this time next to the Zasho River, way up north of the Senjo Gorge. (in the unlikely chance that he has not instantly spawned after your encounter with him in the woods, give it another day before coming back to meet him). He is within 100 meters West South-West of the Zasho River Archery challenge, 70 meters South-South-West of the Pillar of Honor.)
- Interact with him again, and generously provide him with 6 pieces of Predator Hides.
Travel to the Beach to Provide the Peasant with Iron
- Approach the peasant once more, this time, he will be located on the beach at the northern edge of the map, in between the Yahata Lighthouse (150 m West) of it, o the beach, North of the Sly Hunter's Forest.
- Gift 10 ingots of Iron to the Peasant.
Visit the Peasant's New House
- Once your provide the Peasant with the Iron he needs on the third encounter, this quest will be activated at last.
- Thanks to your generosity, he has been able to rebuild his house. You shall now pay him a final visit at his new abode just below the Sly Hunter's Forest, west of Fort Sakai.
- Speak to him as he shows off his new house to you, and its structure built with the materials you had kindly offered him.
A Helping Hand Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.