Bloodletting is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) and an exclusive quest in the Iki Island Expansion. Tales of Iki are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
Sugi revealed she was once a member of Yamaneko’s Crew, a band of raiders who have gained hwachas from the Mongols. After I helped her stop their attack on her village, she agreed to help me break up their alliance.
- Location: Between Gonoura Cape and the Shattered Cliffs
- Quest Giver: Sugi
- Act ??
- Region: Iki Island
- Prerequisite: Completed the Troubled Waters Side Tale
- +4 Leather
- Minor Legend Increase
- Minor Melee Charm
- Meet Sugi by the old fishing village
- Free the captive
- Speak with Sugi
- Defeat Yamaneko’s lookouts
- Sit and Wait
- Survey the camp
- Signal Sugi’s Hwacha
- Defeat the Mongols and Yamaneko’s Crew
- Regroup with Sugi
- Examine the Debris
- How to Get Sugi’s Kasa Hat
Reunite with Sugi at the Village as Planned
- The quest marker will appear on your map upon completing the prerequisite quest, Troubled Waters.
- Travel to the quest marker to meet Sugi as you both had previously agreed. Once there, you will discover that Sugi is no where to be found, but instead, the village is roaming with enemies. Clear them all out.
Release the Hostages
- Dispatch of more enemies on the boat to release the captives.
Talk to Sugi
- Sugi will finally appear upon the captives' escape. Interact to speak with her.
Take Down the Archers
- You will soon find out that 3 archers on the hill across the river are scouting on you. Travel across and climb up the hill to eliminate them.
Wait for Nightfall
- Set up camp, take a rest, and patiently wait with Sugi for the night to come.
Scan Around the Area
- You will wake up automatically in first person observer view. Follow the white circles on the screen to view the boat docked at the beach on the left, the campfire in the middle, and another campfire adjacent to rocky terrai on the right.
Light the Campfires by the Beach
- You are now to descend from the hill into the beach, and sneak past enemies to light the respective campfires. You may do so by interacting with them through pressing the [R2] button.
- There are 3 respective campfires you must ignite, each corresponding to the area you viewed when in first person mode: one at the beach to the left, another on a rock with an enemy, and the last one on the right side near rocky terrains.
- The campfire on the beach: Simply travel there to light the campfire. Sneak past the enemy and completely ignore him if you want.
- The campfire in the centre with an enemy: Climb up the hill and assassinate the lone enemy, then light the fire.
- The campfire on the right near rocky terrain: Head up the cliffside next to the campfire on the hill that you just lit, then leap across to another cliff, and interact with grappling hook to sling yourself up there.
- This last campfire is surrounded by multiple enemies, so try not to alert them. If they happen to notice you, dispatch of them as quickly as possible with bow and arrows.
Ambush Enemies from Both Factions As They Clash
- Lighting the campfires will cause enemies from the Mongols side and Yamaneko's crew to misread them as signals, kickstarting a sudden clash to breakout between the two factions. Head down from the cliffs and take them out amidst the chaos.
Meet Sugi at the Beach
- Travel north along the coast after the battle to meet Sugi as planned. You shall eventually come to a stop at a smoldering ship. Interact with it.
Inspect the Wreckage
- A period of time will automatically pass, and you will come to the unfortunate realization that Sugi has been slain somewhere in this ship, as the game will feature her severed head washing ashore. Though this is where you complete the quest, you may pursue further if you wish to acquire Sugi's hat.
Retrieving the Red Hat
- Promptly revisit the Thieves Rest village where you and Sugi first met, and approach the tree with a corpse nailed to it, where people are gathering around in awe.
- You shall find a note stuck to the chest of the corpse, claiming that Sugi had staged her death and went into hiding, as to ensure the safety of those in the village.
- Sugi's red hat will then automatically be unlocked.
Bloodletting Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.