Dreams of Conquest is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
An Ishikawa Tale (5 of 9).
Sensei Ishikawa heard rumours of a Japanese archer aiding the Mongols in Akashima. He suspects this archer is his rebellious former student, Tomoe, and decided to investigate. I will join him in Akashima when I can
Dreams of Conquest Information
- Location: East Survivor Camp
- Quest Giver: Sensei Ishikawa
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "The Way of the Bow" and finish Act 1.
Dreams of Conquest Rewards
Dreams of Conquest Objectives
- Look for Ishikawa east of the camp
- Defeat the Mongols
- Speak with Ishikawa
- Defeat the Mongol archers
- Speak with Ishikawa
- Go with Ishikawa to Tomoe’s camp
- Survey Tomoe’s camp
- Defeat the Mongols in Tomoe’s camp
- Search the camp for signs of Tomoe
Dreams of Conquest Walkthrough
Look for Ishikawa east of the camp
- This quest is available after completing The Way of the Bow and upon starting the 2nd act of the game.
- Open your map or journal to track the location of this side quest which is on the east side of the map near Hakutaku Forest.
- You'll first come across a Survivor's camp, speak to one of the peasants and he'll tell you where Ishikawa is - this will also start the side quest.
- Ishikawa's camp is near the survivor's camp, use Guiding Wind to identify the right way. Eventually, you'll find a group of Mongol guards when you're near.
- Look out for the archers in this group, there's a lot of them. Try to take them out first with your bow and block the arrows that are shot at you if you have the Deflect Arrows technique unlocked.
- After defeating the enemies, head a bit north and you'll find Ishikawa who's wounded. Speak to him to trigger a cutscene.
Defeat the Mongol archers
- While you speak to Ishikawa, you'll hear the alarm from one of the Mongol guards, which means reinforcements are on their way and you'll need to defeat more Mongol archers. Take caution when you're fighting this group since the archers are capable of firing two arrows in succession.
- The Longbow is nice to use here since you can one-shot them even if you aim for their body. Keep blocking with the L1 button to defend yourself from the arrows or dodge if needed.
- Once you've defeated all of the archers, head back to Ishikawa and speak to him - follow him and ride to the north-west to Tomoe's camp.
Survey Tomoe’s camp
- The location for Tomoe's camp will be automatically marked and you can use Guiding Wind to identify the direction of it. Ride with Ishikawa until you reach the campsite.
- Along the way, you'll see a trail of dead bodies, which means you're on the right track. Ishikawa then mentions you'll have to travel on foot once you're near the camp.
- Follow Ishikawa on high-ground and survey the camp ahead behind the log.
- First, you'll see the Mongol archers training in the middle, then on the right, you'll see dead bodies that are hanging on a tree and is used as a training dummy.
- After you check the two points, it's time to ambush the camp. You can approach this how you would prefer to do it, but the easiest way is to wait for them to group up, ready your Longbow, and shoot an explosive arrow at them. While they're staggered from the explosion, swap to your Half Bow and shoot down the archers.
- There will be more Mongols around the camp such as a brute-type guard and swordsmen. Remember that Moon Stance is better against the brute enemy and Stone Stance is suited against swordsmen.
- Simply kill all the enemies and search the camp for clues.
- First, you'll see a supply list written on a scroll on the left side of the camp.
- Second, inside the tent, there's a message written on another scroll - once you've read it, another cutscene will trigger.
- This completes the side quest. You'll be rewarded with a Minor Legend Increase, the Charm of Precision, and x2 Silk.
Dreams of Conquest Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.