Friends in Passing
|Prerequisite||Wolves at the Gates
The Terror of Otsuna
|Reward/s||Charm of Fortune II
Minor Legend Increase
Half Bow Dye: Hidden Serpent
|Quest Giver||Sensei Ishikawa|
Friends in Passing is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
An Ishikawa Tale (8 of 9).
Sensei Ishikawa is planning to shelter at a peasant’s house nearby. I’ll stay with her so I can speak with the sensei about the hunt for Tomoe.
Friends in Passing Information
- Location: Jogaku Temple
- Quest Giver: Sensei Ishikawa
- Act 3: Kill the Khan
- Region: Kamiagata
- Prerequisite: The following quests must be completed: Wolves at the Gates and The Terror of Otsuna.
Friends in Passing Rewards
- Charm of Fortune II
- Minor Legend Increase
- Half Bow Dye: Hidden Serpent
Friends in Passing Objectives
- Speak with Ishikawa
- Join Ishikawa’s Hunt for Tomoe in Eastern Jogaku
- Investigate the Wrecked Mongol Convoy
- Accompany Matsu while she Checks her Traps
- Speak with Matsu
- Return with Matsu to her Home
- Find Ishikawa at Jokagu Temple
- Speak with Ishikawa
Friends in Passing Walkthrough
Speak with Ishikawa
- Travel to Jogaku Temple and look for Sensei Ishikawa who is standing by the front gate of the temple.
- Speak to him to trigger a cutscene and then travel to eastern Jogaku to begin the hunt for Tomoe.
- When you reach the marked destination, you'll find a fallen Mongol convoy. Investigate the area to find clues.
- First, you'll find the burned cart, second is the Mongol guard that's shot in the back, and then the nearby tree that's pierced with Japanese Arrows.
- After you investigate all three points, a cutscene will trigger and you'll encounter a woman named Matsu.
Accompany Matsu while she Checks her Traps
- Next, accompany her to her house but on the way, she'll need to check on the hunting traps she placed around the area.
- When you check on the second trap, you'll see two thieves stealing a squirrel. Approach them to confront them and to trigger another cutscene.
- After speaking to the bandits, ride with Matsu to the location of the third trap. When you arrive, another cutscene will trigger.
- Ride your horse and follow Matsu to her home. You'll encounter a group of Mongol guards near her house. Take care of the Mongols then continue traveling by mount to Matsu's home - when you arrive, another cutscene will trigger.
Return to Jokagu Temple
- Next, simply return to Jogaku Temple and speak to Ishikawa who's by a campfire.
- Another cutscene will trigger and you'll also complete this side quest. Up next is Laid to Rest.
Friends in Passing Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!