Ghosts in the Fog is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A Norio Tale (3 of 9).
Norio and I freed his monk friend from Mongol captivity. Now we must face the consequences.
Ghosts in the Fog Information
- Location: Akashima Village
- Quest Giver: Norio
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "Three Actions, Three Illusions".
Ghosts in the Fog Rewards
Ghosts in the Fog Objectives
- Meet Norio in Akashima Village
- Get on a rooftop in the village center
- Survey the village’s defensive options
- Speak with Norio
- Prepare the incense burners (6/6)
- Find a place to wait for the Mongols
- Defeat the Mongols
- Hurry to the temple
- Help Norio defeat the Mongols
- Speak with Norio
Ghosts in the Fog Walkthrough
Survey the village’s defensive options
- This side quest becomes available after completing Three Actions, Three Illusions.
- Return to Akasahima Village and speak to Norio to start this quest. After the cutscene, head to the rooftop of the armory in the center of the village to survey the area's defenses.
- Survey the center point to find the bridge, on the left towards the swamp area, on the far left side, you'll see a temple, and just below you, you'll find incense burners.
- Once you've surveyed the area, speak to Norio to progress the quest. Jin instructs Norio to take the villagers to the temple as he deals with the Mongols.
Defeat the Mongols
- Now, go around the village and prepare to place some black powder into six incense burners.
- You'll find two in the center, and the rest on the east side of the village. Once you've set the black powder, head to the marked objective which is the granary to hide and wait for the Mongols.
- Once the Mongols arrive, you'll need to light the incense burners to create a cover, allowing you to move around the village undetected.
- You need to equip a fire arrow and shoot it into the lantern, or you can approach it and ignite it yourself.
- The place will be crawling with Mongol guards, so stay on the rooftops and use the incense burners to create cover if needed and assassinate them.
- After clearing the area, head to the temple and check on Norio and the villagers.
Help Norio defeat the Mongols
- When you arrive, you'll see Norio fighting a group of Mongols. Rush to his aid and help him fight the remaining enemies.
- Once you've killed all the enemies, speak to him to trigger another cutscene, and to complete this side quest.
- You'll be rewarded with the Charm of Unyielding II, a Minor Legend Increase, and the Noble Fighter's Headband.
Ghosts in the Fog Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.