Hammer and Forge is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
Yuna's brother is finally safe, but we had to split up after our escape.
I should make sure they reached the town of Komatsu Forge. If Taka's had...
Hammer and Forge Information
- Quest Giver: n/a
- Act 1: Rescue Lord Shimura
- Prerequisite: The Broken Blacksmith
Hammer and Forge NPCs
Hammer and Forge Rewards
- Major Legend Increase
Hammer and Forge Objectives
- Go to the town of Komatsu Forge
- Find a way into Komatsu Forge
- Search Komatsu Forge for Yuna and Taka
- Investigate the nearby battle
- Defeat the Mongols
- Speak with Yuna
- Follow Yuna
- Find Yukio
- Help Yukio
- Help Yukio Rescue his wife
- Rescue the peasants
- Speak with the peasants
- Lead the peasants back to the forge
- Speak with Taka
- Find Yuna
- Free the hostages
- Lead the peasants back to the forge
- Speak with Taka
- Defend the forge
- Defeat the Mongol warlord
- Kill the remaining Mongols
Hammer and Forge Walkthrough
Travel to Komatsu Forge
- This main tale will be available after completing The Broken Blacksmith.
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Make your way to the town in Komatsu Forge to begin the tale.
- Upon arriving, you'll notice that the forge seems to be occupied by Mongols.
- Search the area and you'll hear someone fighting.
- Follow the sound and you'll see the Mongol soldiers surrounding Yuna.
- Fight them then speak to Yun to trigger a cutscene.
- After helping Yuna, follow her and head to where Taka is hiding.
- Along the way, make sure to collect Resources and ammo that's scattered around.
- Head to the forge along with Yuna and the survivor, then speak to Taka to trigger another cutscene.
Find and Help Yukio
- Jin asks Taka for his skills to forge a tool needed to rescue Lord Shimura.
- Taka then requests Jin to help find his assistant Yukio. Before heading out, make sure to check the forge for resources.
- Yukio's last location is marked on the map, simply follow the marker and use Guiding Wind to find the right direction.
- When you're near the objective, you'll hear a man screaming for help and a terrified woman screaming.
- The area is patrolled by multiple Mongols, so the best way to approach this is by stealth. Chances are you will get outnumbered if you decide to rush in.
- In order to rescue Yukio, you need to kill all the Mongols around the area.
- NOTE: If ever you alert the rest of the enemies, one of the Mongols will rush to Yukio and try to kill him. You'll know this will happen when a red icon with a skull and bones appear on the screen. If this happens, you need to rush to his aid and stop the soldier from killing him.
- If you've cleared the area, speak to Yukio to progress the quest.
Help Yukio Rescue his wife
- We're not done here yet, Yukio asks Jin to help rescue his wife and sister-in-law who are by the river.
- Follow Yukio and when you're near the objective, you'll hear two women screaming who is being chased by Mongol soldiers.
- Quickly rush to their aid and kill the pursuers.
- Again, if one of the Mongols catches up to them, a red icon with a skull and bones will appear on the screen indicating that Yukio's wife is about to be killed.
- Once you save them, lead the survivors back to the forge, but along the way, you'll encounter more Mongols. Keep an eye out for one of the soldiers who will try to run towards the survivors and kill them! If one of them gets killed, the mission fails.
- Once you've cleared the path, escort the survivors back to the forge and speak to Taka.
Free the Hostages
- It may look like you're done, but Yuna is nowhere to be found and went to help a family who lives across the river.
- Head towards the objective and help Yuna.
- Yuna mentions that the family has been captured by the Mongols and took them across the river.
- Try to avoid alerting the rest of the Mongols and assassinate them silently.
- Across the river, you'll find the family inside the house held captive. You must kill all the Mongols first before freeing the hostages.
- Once you've cleared the area, free the family and escort them back to the forge.
Defend the forge
- Now, make further preparations before speaking to Taka. Change your armor, equip necessary charms and be ready for a battle against the Mongol forces.
- When you're ready, speak to Taka at the forge and Jin will instruct him to light the forge.
- There are about 5-6 waves of Mongol forces that will head to the forge who will investigate the area and try to kill you.
- Make sure they don't reach the forge or else they will try to assassinate one of the peasants. Failing to save one of them will fail the quest.
- A good tactic here is using the smoke bomb technique. This will allow you to blind them, allowing you to assassinate them.
- Yuna will also help you but if she's outnumbered, she can be knocked down and you'll need to revive her. The mission also fails if you fail to help her.
- When you're near the end, the Mongol leader will appear and fight you. You'll identify him when you see a brute type that's wearing full armor and wielding a shield and sword.
- Defeat the leader and the remaining Mongols to trigger a cutscene and to complete this quest.
Hammer and Forge Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.