Heart of the Jito is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
When the next storm hits, we attack Khotun Khan. We may not succeed, but the right help we may stand a chance. I should check on Yuna at Jogaku Temple to make our preparations.
Heart of the Jito Information
- Location: Jogaku Temple
- Quest Giver: Yuna
- Act 3: Kill the Khan
- Prerequisite: Complete the main quest "A Gathering Storm"
Heart of the Jito NPCs
Heart of the Jito Rewards
Heart of the Jito Objectives
- Speak with Yuna at Jogaku Temple
- Follow Yuna
- Choose your Horse
- Name your Horse
- Enter Castle Shimura from the North
- Sneak into Lord Shimura’s Quarters
- Leave the Letter for Lord Shimura
Heart of the Jito Walkthrough
Travel to Jogaku Temple
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Travel to Jogaku Temple and speak to Yuna to begin the quest. You can either ride all the way to the area or use Fast Travel. You'll find her by the gift altar.
- The main objective of this quest is to infiltrate Lord Shimura's quarters in Castle Shimura and to leave him a letter.
- After Jin composes the note, follow Yuna to the stables to choose and name your horse. Once that's done, you can either ride all the way to Castle Shimura. But it's better to fast travel to Kubabra Crossing which is near the marked objective.
- Either way, you'll need to head to the north side of the castle in order to get inside.
- When you arrive at the north side of the castle, a cutscene will trigger.
Sneak into Lord Shimura's Quarters
- After the cutscene, swim across the river towards the fisherman, then climb up the rocks until you reach the top. You'll find a crack on the wall that you can squeeze through.
- Upon squeezing through, immediately crouch and hide behind the barrels. A patrol of samurai will walk across you.
- It's much easier to maneuver the area from the roofs to avoid being seen. You will also be using Focused Hearing here a lot to identify the guard's movements.
- Don't forget as well that you have tools that can distract the guards. Use it when necessary.
- Eventually, you'll reach a cart that's waiting by the gates. Wait for the guard to inspect the back of the cart, and when he moves away, jump down and hide inside it.
- You'll then reach the outer section of the main keep. Again, use the roof of the tents to avoid being detected. Proceed to the left side of the main keep, when you're near, you can use the tall grass to hide.
- Next, you'll see a ladder by the scaffolding that leads to an open window. Wait for the guard to walk by the ladder, then proceed forward and sneak through the window.
- Once you've reached the main keep, hide behind the barrels and baskets. You'll see Lord Shimura enter. Wait for him to climb up the ladder before following him.
- On the second floor, there's a broken window that leads to the roofs of the keep. Head outside and go around it. Be careful when you turn around the corner, there's another broken window and inside the room, a guard is watching.
- Continue going around the roof until you reach the third broken window. Head inside and quickly move behind the stacked supplies and baskets.
- You'll need to reach the top floor where Lord Shimura's quarters are.
- Move around the room from the left side until you reach the ladder leading to the third floor.
- Once you're on the third floor, use Focused Hearing to identify the movement of the guards inside the room.
- When one of them starts to move towards Lord Shimura, head inside, then go straight inside the room from the broken shoji.
- The ladder leading to the top is just around the corner but there's a samurai guarding the area. Use a wind chime to distract the guard.
- Upon reaching Lord Shimura's quarters, head to the center of the room and leave the letter there - this completes the main quest.
Heart of the Jito Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.