Honor and Ash
|Prev.||From the Darkness|
|Next||Wolves at the Gates|
|Quest Type||Main Quest|
|Reward/s||Major Legend Increase|
Honor and Ash is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
I escaped my samurai captors, but I almost lost my life when the Mongols poisoned me. They learned to reverse engineer my poison… and they’re using it against our people.
More than ever, I have to stop them. Yuna says Khotun Khan has established a stronghold at Port Izumi. She and I need to find a safe place to rest and plan our next move.
Honor and Ash Information
- Location: Castle Shimura
- Quest Giver: n/a
- Act 3: Kill the Khan
Honor and Ash NPCs
Honor and Ash Rewards
Honor and Ash Objectives
- Exit the Building
- Escape from Castle Shimura
- Reach your Horse in the Stables
- Push Forward to Reunite with Yuna
- Reach the Sacred Tree without being seen
- Investigate the Area further
- Collect your gear
- Meet Yuna near the Lookout Tower
- Survey the Area
- Reach the Stables
- Ride out with Yuna
- Head to the Frozen Lake
- Survey the Frozen Lake
- Approach the Ice Fishing Camp
- Free the Prisoners at the Ice Fishing Camp
- Review the Plan of Attack
- Set off the Signal Fireworks
- Return to Yuna
- Defeat the Mongols
- Scout the Grounds of Jogaku Temple
- Find the Frozen Waterfall
- Enter Jogaku Temple
- Defeat the Warlord and his Guards
- Rescue the Hostages at the Temple
Honor and Ash Walkthrough
Escape from Castle Shimura
- This quest immediately starts after completing From the Darkness, the last main quest in Act 2.
- After the cutscene, you'll need to sneak outside and escape Castle Shimura. You will need to use Focused Hearing here a lot.
- From the building, jump through the window and hide behind the rock. You'll see a samurai and a couple of peasants gathered by the flame.
- Continue forward and hiding behind the rock until you reach the nearby open shed. There's a crack on the wall that you can squeeze through. Once you've gotten through, a cutscene will trigger.
- The woman will mention that there's a damaged fence that you can use to escape.
- Next, go left and you'll see an elevated house. You can crawl under to get pass the samurai around undetected.
- Go straight and climb up the stone wall and hide behind the rock. Go left, climb up the next stone wall until you reach the crack that you can squeeze through. This will lead you to the next section of the castle.
- You'll now see the stables where your mount is. The next objective is to be able to reach your horse.
- One of the samurai will then notice Jin has escaped and will alert the rest of the guards.
- Jump onto the shed's roof on the left, then drop down onto the tall grass to hide.
- If you look straight, there's a house. When there's no guard looking, climb onto the roof.
- Wait for the group of samurai to mount their horse and leave before jumping down. Once they're gone, head to the stables and ride your horse - a cutscene will then trigger.
Rendezvous with Yuna
- This is where Act III will officially start during the cutscene as Jin escapes Castle Shimura.
- You'll find yourself at the Loyal Friend's Grave in the Endless Forest. And you'll need to travel by foot until you reach Yuna's location.
- You're still unarmed and you need to reach the sacred tree without being seen. There will be Mongol guards here so keep your head low and sneak across the destroyed town.
- Once you've reached the tree, another cutscene will trigger.
- For the next objective, you need to investigate the area for clues. Near the tree, there's a dead body that you can examine.
- Continue forward, near the stream and you'll see more dead bodies that you can examine.
- After examining the third body, the Mongols will see Jin and shoot a poisoned arrow at him. Once you've gained control of him, walk forward towards the snowstorm to lose them. Jin will then lose his consciousness when you reach the bridge.
- Luckily, Yuna arrives and saves your life for the second time - Jin then awakens in a house alongside Yuna.
Free the Prisoners
- Collect your gear which is inside the box and collect all the resources found inside the house.
- Head outside then collect more resources found around the opposite house - next, meet Yuna by the lookout watchtower.
- Climb to the top and survey the area. Check the middle part to scout for the pagoda.
- Head back down towards the stables. There's 1x Sashimono Banner here. Ride the horse and travel with Yuna to the frozen lake.
- Upon reaching the frozen lake, you'll need to scout the area ahead.
- First, you'll see prisoners on the left and a signal cannon on the right.
- Approach the fishing camp and free the prisoners there. You will encounter Mongol guards here.
- From the survey point, go left and you'll see a small house near the tall grass.
- There are about six Mongol guards near the prisoners. Two standing around a campfire, one on the second floor, two patrolling outside the house, and another inside the house with the prisoners.
- You need to take out all of the enemies around the prisoners before you can free them.
Infiltrate Jogaku Temple
- Once you've rescued the villagers, head to another survey point on the rocks, and scout the next area ahead.
- The first thing you'll see are explosive barrels. And next is a group of archers.
- Go back to the signal cannon and detonate the fireworks to set off the alarm. Return to Yuna and you'll see the Mongol archers begin to attack.
- Use the explosives to most of them and then kill the remaining guards.
- After killing the Mongol soldiers, cross the frozen lake and head towards the frozen waterfall to reach the upper section of the temple.
- You'll find the Mongol warlord and his guards around the prisoners.
- You simply need to defeat the warlord and the Mongol guards.
- Make sure to take out the guards first to thin out their numbers before fighting the warlord.
- Also, keep an eye out for the prisoners, if one of the guards try to assassinate the prisoners, quickly get rid of that guard. You'll fail the mission if one of the prisoners are killed.
- After killing the Mongol forces, free the monks then speak to Yuna to complete this quest.
Honor and Ash Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.