Message in Blood is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A Yuna Tale (4 of 4).
Confronting the Black Wolf was painful for Yuna. She’s gone back to the inn to regroup. I’ll join her there and plan our next move.
Message in Blood Information
- Location: Ichi's Inn
- Quest Giver: Yuna
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "The Black Wolf"
Message in Blood Rewards
Message in Blood Objectives
- Meet Yuna at Ichi’s Inn
- Mount your horse
- Wait for Yuna
- Travel to Altan’s camp
- Kill the Mongols
- Speak with Yuna
- Duel with Altan
- Kill Altan’s guards
- Speak with Ichi
Message in Blood Walkthrough
Meet Yuna at Ichi’s Inn
- This quest is available after completing the main quest "The Black Wolf".
- Open your map or journal to track the location of this side quest which is at Ichi's Inn - speak to Yuna who's on the second floor to begin the quest.
- You'll learn that Altan attacked Ichi and left a message to meet him at a camp near the Kushi border.
- After the cutscene, head outside the inn and ride with Yuna to the camp.
Travel to Altan’s camp
- The location of the camp is automatically marked on the map. Use Guiding Wind for the wind to point you in the right direction.
- When you reach the camp, you need to sneak in and kill all the Mongols in the area. It is better to thin out their numbers and assassinate them one at a time.
- If you decide to fight them head-on, try to at least take out the archers first, the spearmen, and the brute Mongol guard to get rid of the annoying enemies.
- Once you've killed all the enemies, check the camp and gather the Resources you can find before you speak to Yuna who's standing at the front gate - Altan then arrives with reinforcements
Duel with Altan
- Jin confronts Altan and challenges him to a duel.
- Altan wields a sword and a shield, so it is recommended to use Water Stance for this duel.
- Keep an eye out for his unblockable attacks. He normally executes one after two normal strikes or if you attack him while he has his shield up.
- Try to use heavy attacks to break his guard. But apart from that, time your parries right so that you can counterattack him.
- After you defeat Altan, quickly switch to Stone Stance and kill the remaining swordsmen.
- Once you've killed them all, you'll find Ichi standing outside the camp. Speak to her to trigger another cutscene and to complete Yuna's tale.
- You'll be rewarded with The Headstrong Thief trophy, a Minor Legend Increase, the Charm of Swift Return, and x2 Silk.
Message in Blood Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.