The Black Wolf is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A Yuna Tale (3 of 4).
The Mongol warlord Altan has gone into hiding somewhere in Otsuna Prefecture. We must draw him out by eliminating his local ally known as the Black Wolf. I'll meet Yuna along the coast, then we'll take down this Black Wolf and force Altan's hand.
The Black Wolf Information
- Location: Yoshinaka Bay
- Quest Giver: Yuna
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "Silent Death".
The Black Wolf Rewards
The Black Wolf Objectives
- Speak with Yuna near the Otsuna coast
- Follow Yuna
- Kill the Mongol
- Go to the Mongol camp
- Defeat the Mongols
- Speak with Yuna
- Go to the rowboat
- Defeat the Mongols
The Black Wolf Walkthrough
Speak with Yuna near the Otsuna coast
- This quest is available after completing the main quest "Silent Death"
- Open your map or journal to track the location of this side quest which is north-east of Ichi's Inn.
- You'll find Yuna by a campsite near Yoshinaka Bay. To start the quest, speak to her. You'll learn that Yuna has tracked the Black Wolf's camp and that they enslave children and give them to the Mamushi brothers.
- After the cutscene, follow Yuna towards the west side until you first come across a campfire. Kill the Mongol soldier then continue following Yun towards the Black Wolf's camp.
Go to the Mongol camp
- Upon reaching the camp, your main objective is to kill all the Mongol guards in the area. There's about 7-8 of them here, so try to sneak in the camp undetected and take them out one by one with stealth tactics.
- If you decide to attack them head-on, try to get rid of the archers first and the brute-type enemy to get rid of the annoying ones. Once you've killed all of the soldiers, try to search the area first to find Resources and then speak to Yuna.
Head towards the Mongol ship
- The Black Wolf isn't at the camp, so you need to head towards the Mongol ship that's offshore.
- Hop on the rowboat and you'll automatically sail towards the Mongol ship. When you arrive, Mongol guards will automatically come out and fight you.
- Ready your bow and shoot the enemies that will come out from the ship's supply room which is front of you. Try to aim for the head so that you can instantly kill them with one shot.
- Once you've killed all of the Mongols, another cutscene will trigger and the Black Wolf himself will confront Yuna and Jin.
- Yuna then kills the Black Wolf, burns the ship, and returns to the shore with Jin. This completes the third quest of Yuna's tale.
- You'll be rewarded with a Minor Legend Increase, the Charm of Shadows, and x2 Silk.
The Black Wolf Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.