The Cause of Suffering is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A Norio Tale (6 of 9).
The Mongols have stolen an ancient, priceless statue of Budda from Kushi Temple. The monks are ready to give up. Norio and I must return the statue, and restore hope to Kushi Temple.
The Cause of Suffering Information
- Location: Kushi Temple
- Quest Giver: Norio
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "The Blood Sutra".
The Cause of Suffering Rewards
The Cause of Suffering Objectives
- Speak with the monk
- Travel with Norio
- Speak with the dying monk
- Speak with Norio
- Find the Mongols who stole the statue
- Defeat the Mongols
- Find the statue of Buddha
The Cause of Suffering Walkthrough
Travel with Norio
- This side quest becomes available after completing The Blood Sutra.
- Open your map or journal to track the location of this side quest which is at the Kushi Temple.
- Head to Norio who's standing outside a temple and speak to the monk who is praying inside to start the quest.
- After the cutscene, head outside the temple gates and ride with Norio to pick up the Mongol's trail and to reclaim the stolen Buddha statue.
- Along the way, you will encounter a dying Monk, speak to him and you'll learn that the Mongols went straight through the forest and up the hills.
- Head towards the top of the hill and you'll find a Mongol camp.
Defeat the Mongols
- You can approach this by stealth or attack them head-on. But it's always recommended to start off by sneaking behind them and taking out the Mongol guards one by one.
- You must kill all the Mongols around the camp before you obtain the next objective which is to find the buddha statue.
- You'll find it by the docks on top of a cart. Approach it and the two will return the statue back to the temple - this completes the quest
- For finishing this quest, Jin will be rewarded with a Minor Legend Increase, the Charm of Well-Being II, and x2 Silk.
The Cause of Suffering Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.