The Cost of Iron is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
The woods near Kuta Farmstead have seen more Mongol patrols than usual — and there are whispers of merchants traveling the area safely.
The Cost of Iron Information
- Location: Kuta Grasslands
- Quest Giver: n/a
- Act 1: Rescue Lord Shimura
- Region: Izuhara
- Prerequisite: n/a
The Cost of Iron Rewards
The Cost of Iron Objectives
- Investigate the home
- Search for the merchant cart
- Investigate the area further
- Investigate the cart
- Defeat the Mongols
- Return to the wounded men
- Search for Mongol tracks
- Track the Mongols
- Search for the merchant
- Rescue the merchant
- Speak with the merchant
The Cost of Iron Walkthrough
Investigate the House
- Travel to the north-east side of Kuta Grasslands to find a house.
- You'll hear a man crying in pain, head inside the house, and speak to the man.
- You'll learn that there is a merchant who works with the Mongols.
- After the cutscene, head to the marked objective to look for the merchant's cart.
- When you arrive, you'll see dead bodies around the camp. Examine the area to search for clues.
Defeat the Mongols
- You'll then be ambushed by the Mongols after finding the last clue.
- Make sure you kill the archers first before the swordsmen, there's three of them on the right side of the camp.
- After you've killed the Mongols, rush back to the house where the wounded men are hiding.
Track the Mongols
- When you arrive, you'll see that the men have been killed. Head inside the house to find the man you spoke to earlier still breathing, speak to him
- After the cutscene, head outside and look for the Mongol's tracks. Follow it until you come across a house where the bandits and Mongols can be found. You'll find the merchant inside.
- You'll need to defeat all the enemies around the area first before you can free the merchant. Once you've killed them all, head inside and free him.
- Speak to him and you'll complete this side quest.
The Cost of Iron Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.