The Fate of Tsushima is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
The Straw Hats are routed, but at a terrible cost. Ryuzo escaped and worse…Taka lost his life.
I won’t let this go unpunished. Lord Shimura is rallying for battle at his staging camp. Before we fight, I need to check on Yuna.
The Fate of Tsushima Information
- Location: Kishu
- Quest Giver: n/a
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Main Task: Launch the attack on Castle Shimura
The Fate of Tsushima NPCs
The Fate of Tsushima Rewards
The Fate of Tsushima Objectives
- Speak with Yuna
- Speak with Lord Oga
- Travel with Lord Oga to meet your uncle
- Speak with Lord Shimura at the watchtower
- Push forward and defeat the Mongol forces
- Scout ahead of your army
- Defeat the hwacha operators
- Rejoin your allies
- Drive the enemy across the bridge
- Climb the bridge’s gatehouse
- Fire at the charging horses
The Fate of Tsushima Walkthrough
Return to Shimura's Camp
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Return to Lord Shimura's camp in Kishu to begin the quest. A cutscene will automatically trigger once you step inside.
- You'll meet Lord Oga who has rallied his troops to help reclaim Castle Shimura.
- Your main objective at the moment is to find Yuna. But it would be nice if you go around and speak to your allies.
- You can find Kenji checking the battering ram, Norio is inside a stable meditating with his fellow monks, Masako can be found next to the entrance of the camp training the soldiers, and Sensei Ishikawa located at the archery range which is in the middle of the camp.
- After checking up on them, head to the Trapper merchant where you'll find Yuna.
- Once you've spoken to Yuna, head to the front gate, and speak to Lord Oga.
- Right before you ride off to meet Lord Shimura, you will be prompted to proceed or to do it later.
- If you want to finish some quests, find secrets, or upgrade and obtain any gear. Do it now, before you start the attack.
- When you're ready, you'll ride with Lord Oga and his men towards a watchtower where Lord Shimura awaits.
- Upon arriving, enter the watchtower, climb up the ladders to reach the top and speak to Jin's uncle.
Liberate Castle Shimura
- After the cutscene, you'll see Lord Shimura's army and yourself, riding towards the battlefield of Castle Shimura.
- You will encounter all types of enemies here, so be quick to change your combat stances to easily kill whichever enemy you are fighting.
- Equipping the Sakai Clan Armor will be beneficial here since you will be fighting a lot of enemies.
- Stone Stance is effective against Swordsmen.
- Water Stance is effective against Shieldmen.
- Wind Stance is effective against Spearmen, and;
- Moon Stance is effective against Brutes.
- If ever you encounter Archers, ready your bow and shoot them from afar. Most of the time, they are positioned on high-ground or are a bit away from the battle. If you do see an archer, ready your bow and shoot them.
- Once you've cleared most of the enemies, push forward until you reach the gate to trigger another cutscene.
- Your allies will then begin the breach the front gate. Once you've reached the outer courtyard, kill the Mongol forces and continue to push forward until you reach the second gate.
- Again, your allies will breach the gate. Head towards the inner courtyard and kill the Mongol guards.
- As you push forward, you'll see a ladder on the left side of the third gate. Climb to the top, take out the archers, then check inside the stock room to find supplies and resources. In the same room, head towards the balcony that's marked with the gold icon to trigger another cutscene.
- The Mongol guards will then start to use the hwacha against your army.
- Similar to the A Message in Fire quest, you'll need to reach the machine. It works the same as the time you encountered this.
- To identify where the arrows will land, a white circle will appear on the ground. You'll have time to dodge away from its zone to avoid getting hit.
- DO NOT GET HIT since it can instantly kill you or take away a large chunk of your health.
- Of course, it won't be that easy reaching the hwacha. You will encounter Mongol guards along the way, especially more of the Brute type enemies.
- Again, use Moon Stance against them, and don't forget to use your Ghost weapons such as the Kunai and also your bow.
- When you're near the tower where the hwacha is, ready your bow and shoot down the guards operating it.
- Climb to the top and operate the hwacha! Simply aim towards the Mongols and press R2 to start raining down fire arrows at them.
Rejoin your Allies
- Once you've killed the remaining guards, climb back down and head to the bridge to regroup with the others.
- The next objective is pretty much simple. More enemies will come and you simply need to defeat them and eventually drive them away.
- All types of enemies will come at you. So focus on building the meter to activate Ghost Stance to easily dispatch them.
- When the area is clear, climb to the top of the bridge's gatehouse to rendezvous with Lord Shimura and another cutscene will trigger. You'll see that the Mongol forces are falling back.
- It may look like it's over but they've set explosives onto the horses who are now charging towards the gatehouse.
- Quickly ready your bow and fire at the horses. This causes a large explosion, as well as another cutscene - this completes the main quest.
The Fate of Tsushima Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.