The Ghost of Yarikawa is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
Yarikawa Stronghold is under Mongol siege. Yuna, Taka and I managed to find their missing archers and helped them return home. Now it’s time we break the Mongol siege.
The Ghost of Yarikawa Information
- Location: Yarikawa Stronghold
- Quest Giver: Taka
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Prerequisite: The Coward of Yarikawa
- Completes the task: Recruit the people of Yarikawa to form an army.
The Ghost of Yarikawa NPCs
The Ghost of Yarikawa Rewards
The Ghost of Yarikawa Objectives
- Speak with Taka
- Meet Yuna at the top of the steward’s keep
- Follow Yuna
- Reach the main gate
- Defend the main gate
- Defend the northern gate
- Reach the Mongol siege weapons
- Disable the Mongol siege weapons
- Return to Yarikawa Stronghold
- Reach the steward’s keep
- Duel with General Temuge
- Drive the Mongols from Yarikawa Stronghold
The Ghost of Yarikawa Walkthrough
Return to Yarikawa Stronghold
- This quest becomes available after competing The Coward of Yarikawa.
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Return to Yarikawa Stronghold and speak to Taka to start the quest.
- At this point, once you've spoken to Taka, make sure to check out the merchants to purchase upgrades if needed.
- If you're ready, head inside the keep and climb up the ladder to reach the top where you'll find Yuna - a cutscene will then trigger.
- Right after the cutscene between Jin and Yuna, you'll hear the sound of the alarm. Quickly head to the main gate of the stronghold.
Defend Yarikawa Stronghold
- Upon reaching the main gates, you'll see that the Mongol forces are starting to attack.
- You'll now have to kill the Mongol guards that have breached the main gate. You'll have the Yarikawa samurai fighting alongside you.
- Kill the swordsmen first with the use of the Stone Stance, then quickly shift to the Water Stance to take out the swordsmen wielding shields.
- Once you've cleared the area, you'll have to reach the northern gate that has been breached along with Yuna.
- There will be archers on this side. You already have your bow with you, so shoot them from afar. You will also fight spearmen here, Wind Stance is effective against this type of enemy.
- Apart from that, there will be a brute-type enemy here and more swordsmen wielding a shield.
- When they appear, kill the swordsmen first, then shift your attention towards the brute. They are quite slow, so you can attack them from afar with your bow then finish them off with your melee attacks.
- Clear out all the enemies to trigger another cutscene where you'll see the surviving Mongols retreating towards their siege weapons.
Destroy the Mongol siege weapons
- You'll now have to sneak through the Mongols and reach their siege weapons.
- Make your way up the small hill in front of you then turn left and hide behind a large crate.
- You'll encounter three Mongol soldiers here which you can chain assassinate. Next, head towards the nearby tent and assassinate the soldier inside.
- Once that's done, head towards the rocks and climb it to reach the siege weapons.
- Try to avoid being detected as much as possible, you will get outnumbered and it can be quite overwhelming.
- However, once you reach the rocks you will have to fight a couple of Mongol soldiers. Of course, once you reach the mechanisms, you will also need to kill the Mongol soldiers that are operating it.
- Upon killing all the enemies, approach the first mechanism to sabotage it. Reinforcements will then arrive after disabling the first siege weapon.
- Kill the rest of the Mongol guards, then disable the second siege weapon.
Return to the Stronghold
- After sabotaging both siege weapons, you'll need to return to the keep of Yarikawa Stronghold.
- You can either stealth your way back, but it is recommended to run straight towards the bridge and then the keep.
- There will be a lot of enemy soldiers here and most likely you will get spotted and outnumbered. So just save your energy and health since you will need to fight and kill the rest of the Mongols inside the stronghold.
Defeat General Temuge
- Once you've cleared the area, enter the yard of the keep and a cutscene will trigger.
- This will be a boss fight against General Temuge and it will be a duel. In a duel, you won't be able to use your Ghost weapons or your bow, but instead, it is purely a sword-fight.
- Quickly switch to Water Stance upon starting the fight. General Temuge wields a shield, so this stance will help you win the battle,
- He will start off with igniting his sword with flame, and most of the time he will do this. When his sword is imbued with flame, most of his attacks will be unblockable ones where you'll identify it when a red glint appears.
- Dodge dodge dodge! That's the only way to do it, dodge, and then counterattack.
- If ever you do get hit and start to be covered in flames, immediately roll to extinguish the flames.
- By now, you should have the Heavenly Strike technique. Use this to your advantage to execute a strong unblockable attack. Just keep an eye out for the number of Resolves that you have.
Drive the Mongols from Yarikawa Stronghold
- Once you've defeated General Temuge, you will be prompted to press the ▢ button to "slaughter" him.
- Press the ▢ button and you'll obtain a new stance which is the Ghost Stance. Slaughtering or finishing off Mongol Leaders and attacking enemies without taking any damage will allow Jin to build-up points needed to activate Ghost Stance.
- You'll be prompted to press the L3 + R3 buttons to change into this stance. Basically it's like entering a frenzy mode where the screen will turn into black and white and your enemies will begin to cower in fear. This will also allow Jin to instantly slaughter the enemies around him.
- Slaughter the enemies you see, then simply run towards the main gate, kill the rest of the Mongol soldiers and drive them out of Yarikawa Stronghold.
- Upon reaching the main gate, a cutscene will trigger - this ends the main quest.
The Ghost of Yarikawa Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.