The Heavenly Strike is a Mythic Tale in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Mythic Tales are optional mini side-quests provided by the locals, these quests are identified with a blue marker where Jin listens to stories and tales about legendary warriors as well as historical information about the island. Completing a Mythic Tale rewards players with unique various rewards.
There's a musician in Komatsu telling the tale of Shinegori's Heavenly Strike.
I though that katana technique was a myth... but maybe I should hear him...
The Heavenly Strike Information
- Region: Izuhara
- Act 1 - Rescue Lord Shimura
- Location: Komatsu
- Quest Giver: Rumor from a villager
- Prerequisite: Complete the Hammer and Forge main quest.
The Heavenly Strike Rewards
The Heavenly Strike Objectives
- Find the musician in Komatsu
- Search for the bridge
- Reach the search area
- Search for the weeping woman
- Speak with the woman
- Investigate Yasuhira’s path
- Follow Yasuhuira’s horse’s tracks
- Reach the encounter area
- Defeat the Mongols
- Speak with the villager
- Search the watchtower
- Speak with the woman
- Look for the white-leafed tree
- Travel to the white tree grove
- Rescue the hostage
- Travel to Shigenori’s Rest
- Search for Shigenori’s Rest
- Enter Shigenori’s Rest
- Defeat the Mongols
- Investigate Shigenori’s Rest
- Investigate the dueling ring
- Defeat Yasuhira
- Bury the man killed by Yasuhira
The Heavenly Strike Walkthrough
Find the musician in Komatsu
- To hear about the rumor about the musician, speak to the villager in the encampment located at the Golden Forest.
- Head to the south of River Falls Bridge and you'll find a camp where the biwa-playing musician is. Speak to him and he will tell you about the tale of a fearsome warrior who demanded to hear the tael of Shigenori's Heavenly Strike. You will learn that the warrior fell into a rage and slaughtered the people and later chased a woman who survived and fled to River Falls Bridge.
Search for the Bridge and the Weeping Woman
- Head north to the River Falls Bridge and you'll hear a woman crying as you approach the bridge. Go under it and you'll find the weeping woman hiding. Speak to her and she'll tell you that the man who slaughtered the villagers is Yasuhira Koga.
Investigate Yasuhira's Path
- Follow the marker and investigate the horse tracks, simply follow it to the north and then left. You'll notice at some point when you reach the top part of the path, the tracks will disappear. Just keep going up and you'll be able to find the trail. You'll eventually reach a logging camp where Mongols are building a roadblock.
Defeat the Mongols
- Here, you'll have to clear the area and kill the Mongol guards. There are eight swordsmen and two archers here.
Speak with the Villager
- After clearing the area, head to the marked destination and you'll find a villager who was held by the Mongols. Speak to him to learn more about Yasuhira and you'll learn that he has been working with the Mongols and that he has been staying at the nearby watchtower.
Search the Watchtower
- Head to the nearby watchtower to search for clues and to track down Yasuhira.
- Don't forget to check around as well to find some Resources.
- Inside the watchtower, there's a scroll that you can examine and some white leaves on the left.
- And on the right, there's a painting of a dueling ring.
- After checking the watchtower, head outside and speak to the weeping woman to find out the location of trees where white leaves can be found.
Look for the white-leafed tree
- You'll now need to survey the area to find the grove. You can head to Shinegori's Peak and at the top, you can survey the area where Jin will be able to see the white tree grove. Once he sees it, you'll be able to progress the objective which is to travel to the white tree grove.
- You can use the guiding wind as well to lead you to its direction if ever you drift away from the objective.
Rescue the Hostage
- Upon reaching the grove, you'll hear a villager who is being tortured. Head to the encampment and you'll encounter more Mongol soldiers.
- You'll need to kill all the soldiers around the area before you can speak to the hostage.
- Once you've cleared the area, free the hostage, speak to him and he'll tell you that Yasuhira took his grandfather to a dueling ring on the Komatsu coast.
Travel to Shigenori's Rest
- You're objective will be automatically marked, so use the Guiding Wind to lead you in the right direction.
- It's quite far, so call your horse and head to the southwest area of the objective.
- Eventually, you'll reach a hill that Jin can't climb, but you'll find a tree that has been cut down and used as a way to cross.
Enter Shigenori's Rest
- Use the tree to get across and squeeze through the gap to reach Shinegori's rest.
- As soon as you enter, you'll find Mongol soldiers here. You can eliminate them easily in a stealthy way (if you choose to do so).
Investigate Shigenori's Rest
- After clearing the area, follow the marker that will lead you up the stairs where you'll find Shigenori's dueling ring.
- You will now need to search the dueling ring for clues.
- First, you'll find the dead body of the kidnapped grandfather of the hostage you rescued earlier.
- A sword that's pierced on the ground with a pool of blood and blood-covered footprints.
- Once you've examined all three, you'll see Yasuhira approaching Jin.
- You'll now have to duel against Yasuhira.
- Make sure to always block in this duel. Yasuhira is quite agile and is able to deliver a four slash combo.
- The best time to counter him is when he uses an unblockable attack where he'll charge towards Jin. You'll identify this when a red line appears on Yasuhira.
- If this happens, side-step or dodge then follow up with an attack.
- Once you're about to defeat him, Jin will comment that he now understands the technique and you'll be prompted to use the Heavenly Strike.
- Press the △ + ◯ button to use Heavenly Strike to finish the fight.
Bury the man killed by Yasuhira
- After the battle, approach the body of the peasant's grandfather, interact with it and Jin will bury him.
- This completes the mythic tale.
The Heavenly Strike Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.