Moderate Legend Increase
|Quest Giver||Musician Yamato|
The Legend of Tadayori is a Mythic Tale in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Mythic Tales are optional mini side-quests provided by the locals, these quests are identified with a blue marker where Jin listens to stories and tales about legendary warriors as well as historical information about the island. Completing a Mythic Tale rewards players with unique various rewards.
I hear there's a musician in Azamo. He's giving people hope by reciting the tale of Tadayori and his mythic armor.
The Legend of Tadayori Information
- Region: Izuhara
- Act 1 - Rescue Lord Shimura
- Location: Rustling Bend
- Quest Giver: Musician Yamato
The Legend of Tadayori Rewards
- Tadayori's Armor
- Moderate Legend Increase
The Legend of Tadayori Objectives
- Find the musician in Tsutsu
- Travel to northern Azamo
- Follow the flowers to the Violet Crown
- Investigate the top of the Violet Crown
- Find the location shown on the map
- Enter Tadayori’s Rest
- Investigate the cemetery
- Defeat Kaede
- Speak with the guardian
- Travel to Azamo Bay
- Reach the peak above Azamo Bay
- Free the musician
- Collect Tadayori’s armor
- Defend the musician
- Speak with the musician
The Legend of Tadayori Walkthrough
Find the Musician in Tsutsu
- To find Yamato, the musician, head to the forest of the Rustling Bend. You'll find a camp there where the Yamato can be found.
- Sit alongside the other villagers to listen to the tale of Tadayori Nago, the greatest archer on Tsushima Island.
- The tale mentions a place known as the Violet Crown which located at the northern side of Azamo where Tadayori used to go to meditate.
Travel to northern Azamo
- Automatically, the search zone will appear on your map, so simply head to the destination and search for the area until you find violet chrysanthemums. You'll be at the right spot when you discover the location to be the Crown of Violets.
- Once you find it, follow the flowers until you reach a mountain. Head to the top, examine the incense and check the container to find the map to "Tadyori's Rest"
Find the location shown on the map
- With the painting, you can now use it as a guide to search for your next location.
- Tadayori's Rest can be found in the north part of the search zone, which is near Houren's Pasture on the map.
- Same as earlier, you'll easily identify if you are on the right path when you see violet chrysanthemums.
- Upon arriving, Jin mentions that "The cliffs are too sheer to climb." Check the foot of the mountain and you'll find a lamp. Next to it, there's an opening that Jin can crawl into to reach Tadayori's Rest.
Enter Tadayori's Rest
- Upon entering, follow the flowers to the top and jump across the gap. You'll find dead bodies of Mongols on the other side before squeezing through the crack.
- Continue forward until you formally reach Tadayori's Rest, then examine all three graves near the house.
- After doing so, a cutscene will trigger and Kaede will appear, telling Jin to leave the sacred place.
- She accuses Jin of being a thief, a liar, and challenges him to a duel.
- Kaede's block can be broken with a flurry of attacks, allowing Jin to attack her while she is vulnerable.
- She will also try to trick you by sheathing her blade and following up with an unblockable attack when you're within her range. You can avoid getting hit if you dodge at the right time and follow up with a counterattack.
- Take your time to defeat her, be patient, and when there's an opening, use it as your opportunity to take her down.
- After defeating her, another cutscene will trigger, and Kaede will surrender.
- You'll learn that Tadayori's Armor is lost and that the only way to find it is from a clue written on an old scroll.
Travel to Azamo Bay
- After winning the duel, you'll now have to travel to Azamo Bay.
- Follow the marker leading to Azamo Bay, and once again, you'll find violet chrysanthemums around the area, indicating that you're near the objective.
- Along the way, you will encounter Mongol Soldiers as well.
- At this point, you will need to hurry once you hear the musician that's being held captive. Make sure to reach him before the skull and crossbones indicator appear on the screen to stop the slaughter.
- Defeat the soldiers and free the musician that's held captive.
Collect Tadayori’s armor
- After freeing the musician, he'll tell you that the armor is hidden beneath the memorial
- Interact with the statue near the musician and you'll be able to collect Tadayori's Armor.
- As soon as you obtain the armor, the Mongol Soldiers will sound the alarm and ambush you.
Defend the Musician
- This battle is mainly crafted for long-range battles. There's an unlimited supply of arrows near the memorial where the armor was. Try to shoot the Mongols from afar to stop them from getting close to you.
- Most of the enemies here are also archers.
- After defeating all of the Mongols, speak to the musician to close this mythic tale.
The Legend of Tadayori Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.