The Thief is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A Masako Tale (7 of 9).
One of the conspirators in the Adachi massacre is hiding in Kushi. The territory is heavily occupied by Mongols. I need to meet up with Masako, so we can hunt down the traitor before the Mongols reach them.
The Thief Information
- Location: Koshimizu Farmstead
- Quest Giver: Masako
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "The Family Man"
The Thief Rewards
The Thief Objectives
- Speak with Junshin
- Speak with Masako
- Follow Masako
- Hide in the pampas grass closer to Mai
- Follow Mai to the stolen heirlooms
- Defeat the ronin
- Speak with Mai
- Follow Masako and Mai
- Collect Masako’s heirlooms
- Speak with Masako
The Thief Walkthrough
Speak with Junshin
- This quest is available after completing the side quest "The Family Man".
- Open your map or journal to track the location of this side quest which is at the Koshimizu Farmstead.
- Once again, you'll find Masako arguing with Junshin on the farmstead's bridge. Approach them, then speak to Junshin and ask him about the conversation and to start the quest.
- After talking to the monk, speak to Masako who's speaking to the farmers. Head outside the farmstead and follow Masako to find Mai who is surrounded by a group of Straw Hats.
- Head to the pampas grass on the left side to eavesdrop on their conversation.
Follow Mai to the stolen heirlooms
- Next, you need to follow Mai who is being accompanied by the Straw Hats.
- The area is filled with pampas grass so use it as cover to hide while you follow them.
- Apart from following her, you'll need to assassinate 4 Straw Hats undetected. Each one will eventually separate from the group and you'll find an opportunity to kill them when they're on their own.
- The first one you'll assassinate when he checks on a rock, the other two is when they stop to check a wagon. You'll need to use Chain Assassinate on the two. And as for the last Straw Hat, you can throw a Wind Chime to catch his attention then sneak behind to assassinate him.
- Once you've killed all four of the ronin, continue following Mai until you reach a well. More Straw Hats will then ambush you and start to attack.
- Kill them all and then speak to Mai to trigger a cutscene.
Collect Masako’s heirlooms
- After Masako confronts Mai, follow the two women towards the hiding spot where Masako's heirlooms can be found.
- Collect the items, then return to Masako to trigger another cutscene.
- This completes the side quest and you'll be rewarded with a Minor Legend Increase, the Charm of Bludgeoning, and x2 Silk.
The Thief Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.