The Traitor is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A Masako Tale (4 of 9).
Lady Masako and I are on the hunt for Headman Sadao, one of the conspirators behind her family's murder. To track him down, Lady Masako asked me to speak with a monk who may know where we can find him.
The Traitor Information
- Location: Ariake Refugee Camp
- Quest Giver: Masako
- Act 1: Rescue Lord Shimura
- Region: Izuhara
- Prerequisite: The Husband side quest must be completed.
The Traitor Rewards
The Traitor Objectives
- Travel to the Ariake Refugee Camp
- Speak with Masako
- Travel to the Ariake Lighthouse
- Defeat the Guards
- Join Masako at the Top of the Lighthouse
The Traitor Walkthrough
Find the Monk
- This side quest becomes available after completing The Husband. It is one of the shortest quests you can complete.
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Travel to the Ariake Refugee Camp which is on the north-eastern side of the map. Look for a monk named Jushin who is expecting you, speak to him to start this quest.
- Masako will then catch up with you at the refugee camp.
Travel to the Ariake Lighthouse
- After speaking to the monk and Masako, ride to the Ariake Lighthouse which is near the camp.
- Once you arrive, Masako loses her composure and threatens Sadao and the rest of the Mongol guards camping by the lighthouse.
- There's no reason for you to use stealth here, so you'll have to fight the enemies head-on. Challenge them to a standoff first to at least gain Resolve from successfully winning the standoff.
- There will be a lot of archers here and spearsmen, while some are shieldsmen.
- The archers are positioned on high-ground, so ready your bow and shoot them on the head for an instant kill.
- Remember to switch to Water Stance if you are fighting against shieldsmen. Kill all the enemies then head inside the lighthouse.
Join Masako at the Top of the Lighthouse
- Climb to the top of the lighthouse and by the time you reach the top, Masako kills Sadao.
- A cutscene will then trigger and you'll complete part 4 of Masako's side questline.
The Traitor Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.