Troubled Waters is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) and an exclusive quest in the Iki Island Expansion. Tales of Iki are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
I spotted signs of a battle along the coast. A burning ship and debris. I should find out what happened.
Troubled Waters Information
- Location: Wreckage North-East of Yataka Forest
- Quest Giver: Shipwreck
- Act ??
- Region: Iki Island
- Prerequisite: Explore the world to find this tale.
Troubled Waters Rewards
- Minor Legend Increase
- Minor Utility Charm
- +10 Linen
Troubled Waters Objectives
- Investigate burning wreckage
- Speak with the survivor
- Escape the hwacha fire on the beach
- Find the woman named Sugi / investigate the smoldering house
- Speak with Sugi
- Follow Sugi to confront the visitors
- Defend the village from Yamaneko’s Crew
- Follow Sugi to discuss Yamaneko’s Crew
Troubled Waters Walkthrough
Examine the Shipwreck
- Inspect the burning shipwreck upon arrival to activate the quest. You shall also find a broken rudder to the right, and burnt bodies along with charred parts of the ship's vessel to the left.
- An objective marker will appear after you have thoroughly investigated the area, leading you to the last survivor.
Check on the Survivor of the Wreckage
- Follow the objective marker, towards the right side along the beach, and interact with the last survivor to speak to him.
Escape the Ambush
- A Mongol ship lurking nearby noticed you guys, and are now ambushing you by shooting hails of Hwachas at you. Escape from this dangerous area of the beach and run as far away as you can.
Find the Woman Named Sugi / Investigate the Smoldering House
- Once you make it out alive, begin searching for a girl named Sugi, whom the wreckage's last survivor had mentioned earlier. She is hidden in a burning house situated to the west of the Thieves Rest Lighthouse on the map.
Enter the House and Talk to Sugi
- Head inside the the burning house and interact with Sugi to speak to her.
Accompany Sugi to Resist the Raiders
- As you and Sugi are talking, Raiders will break into the village and disrupt the villager's peace. Accompany Sugi outside to face these bullies.
Defend the village from Yamaneko’s Crew
- Slay all the Raiders attacking the village. To speed up the process, eliminate the Shaman in the beginning to prevent him from empowering his allies.
Head to the Cliffs with Sugi
- Take Sugi's lead and head to the cliffs after you have taken care of the attackers. She will initiate a dialogue with you, leading you onto the next quest, Bloodletting.
Troubled Waters Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.