|Main Playable Character|
Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima is the main protagonist and playable character of the game. He is a skilled samurai warrior of Tsushima Island and is one of the very few who survived the invasion of the Mongol Empire and is known to his enemies as the Ghost of Tsushima.
Jin Sakai Information
Jin Sakai is a young and noble man who resides on the island of Tsushima. When he was young, he was trained in combat and the way of the Samurai by his uncle, Shimura, who is also the Jito (Lord) of Tsushima.
In the late 13th century, the Mongol empire has laid waste to entire nations along their campaign to conquer the East. Tsushima Island is all that stands between mainland Japan and a massive Mongol invasion fleet led by the ruthless and cunning general, Khotun Khan.
As the island burns in the wake of the first wave of the Mongol assault, samurai warrior Jin Sakai stands as one of the last surviving members of his clan. He is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. He must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to forge a new path, the path of the Ghost, and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.
Jin Sakai Skills, Techniques and Equipment
In Ghost of Tsushima, Jin Sakai is a well-trained and skilled samurai warrior. However, as the game progresses, players are tasked and challenged to learn unconventional methods and to master a different style to become the Ghost of Tsushima.
- Jin can use Mounts to travel the vast island of Tsushima. This will make it easier for him to get from point A to point B.
- There is a variety of Armor that Jin can equip that will influence his playstyle. From equipping light armor that supports the way of the ghost, or using medium to heavy armor that will highlight Jin's familiarity and expertise of the way of the samurai.
- Jin has a variety of Tools in his arsenal that he can use in different situations. From using a grappling hook to reach rooftops and high spots, blinding enemies, and to escape them by using a smoke bomb, or to quickly kill enemies who have spotted you by throwing a Kunai at them.
- As the game progresses, Jin will learn various skills, techniques, and combat stances. Master various techniques and use them at your advantage to gain the upper-hand, especially in battle.
Jin, the Samurai
- Jin can challenge enemies to lethal standoffs.
- Parry enemies at the last possible moment to open them up.
- Change combat stances to inflict the most damage against specific enemy types.
Jin, the Ghost
- Jin can use distractions to lure enemies to their death and to draw their attention.
- Jin can use chain assassination to kill multiple enemies.
- Kunais can be used for a quick kill. But its use is limited.
- Mongols will learn to fear the Ghost. Use that to your advantage.
- Jin can use his grappling hook to climb and swing across gaps.
Jin Sakai Notes & Tips
- Jin Sakai is voiced by Daisuke Tsuji.
- Common villagers and residents who live on the island address him as Lord Sakai.