|Jin and his horse|
The Mount in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) is Jin's horse and serves as his primary mode of transportation (besides walking) around island of Tsushima. This page covers information regarding the Mount system.
- When selecting your horse, players are given the opportunity to select 1 of 3 (4) mounts based on color:
- Dapple (black/white mix)
- Brown (Digital Deluxe Edition)
- Players must also choose from 1 of 3 names:
- Nobu (Trust)
- Sora (Sky)
- Kage (Shadow)
- Jin can call his horse at any given time by pressing the Left button on the D-pad.
- Press R2 next to the horse to mount it. Press Circle to dismount.
- For the horse to start galloping, press L3. Pressing L3 more than once will not make the horse gallop any faster or slower.
- While Jin is riding the horse, he can pick up any resources along the way without getting off the horse.
- As the game progresses, there are certain Skills and Techniques that can be unlocked where Jin uses his mount to execute unique attacks.
- The horse cannot be attacked or killed by enemies. Instead, if you encounter an enemy and the fight begins, the horse will get scared and run away.
- Jin can kill an enemy's horse with a bow and arrow
Mount Accessories, Notes & Tips
- Saddle skins can be earned by retrieving Sashimono Banners and bringing them to the monk at Komatsu Forge.
- There are a total of 80 banners throughout Tsushima: 34 are earned by liberating enemy strongholds. The remaining 46 can be found in the open world by equipping the Traveler's Attire armor and selecting the wind for Undiscovered items in the map.
- Saddle Skins are purely cosmetic and DO NOT provide any extra benefits to Jin's character/gameplay.
- Storm Wind (Default): Blueish Gray
- Cloudless Dash: Teal/Lighter Blue
- Swift Summer: Yellow
- Racing Crane: White
- Fierce Spirit: Red
- Pampas Gale: Green
- Elegant Fury: Purple
- Hero of Tsushima (pre-order bonus): Blue