A Mother's Law is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) and an exclusive quest in the Iki Island Expansion. Tales of Iki are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
It sounds like Fune is plotting another raid. I should see what she has planned.
A Mother's Law Information
- Location: Fune's Refuge
- Quest Giver: Fune
- Act ??
- Region: Iki Island
- Prerequisite: Completed Iki Island Main Tales, up to Epilogue: Last Words
A Mother's Law Rewards
- +2 Silk
- Minor Legend Increase
- Minor Melee Charm
A Mother's Law Objectives
- Optional: Socialize with Fune’s raiders
- Board Fune’s Ship / Wait on Fune’s Ship
- Speak with Fune
- Travel with Fune / Listen to Fune’s Scout
- Board the Mongol ship / Defeat the Mongols
- Release the prisoners / Listen to Fune
- Defeat the mutinous raiders
A Mother's Law Walkthrough
Interact with the Raiders Around the Camp (Optional)
- Before heading for Fune's ship, you may choose to chat with the raiders around the camp after talking to her. If you wish, you may socialize with the raiders at 4 different locations around the map.
- One such area is at the bonfire, where you attempt to eaves drop on the men nearby as you pretend to warm your hands.
- Right by the door outside of Fune's building, you may also drink with the man standing there.
- Another point is at the area where a group of men are gambling right behind Fune's building. To win the mini-game, place your bet on white You will be rewarded with various loots if you return here after the quest.
- Lastly, you may enter Fune's building and access the ground level to eavesdrop on the raiders as you eat.
Take a Rest Onboard Fune's Ship
- When you are ready, travel beyond the Bokken Tournament ring to board Fune's ship.
- Proceed to lie down on the floor to catch some rest, performing a time skip.
Speak with Fune
- Travel to the head of the ship once you wake up, and speak with Fune there. Her men seem to believe taht she is hiding the motive behind her plan to attack the Mongol Ship.
Accompany Fune to Meet Her Scout
- Briefly disembark the ship with Fune to meet her scout at the beach, and receive some news from the scout.
Travel to the Caves and Free the Prisoners
- Follow the objective marker after boarding Fune's ship, where you will arrive at a cave full of prisoners.
- As you release the the convicts inside, Fune will introduce one of them to you as her daughter. Fune claims that while in prison, her daughter had become addicted to drugs, which consequently caused the deaths of some of her men, resulting in banishment.
- Fune then reveals that she wishes to return her daughter to her camp.
Protect Fune from the Raiders Onboard
- Fune's plan to reclaim her daughter back into the camp enraged many of her men, as they will not forgive her for causing the deaths of their allies from before. This quickly sparks the men onboard to start a mutiny.
- Protect Fune by slaying the rebellious men in order to complete the quest.
A Mother's Law Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.