The Six Blades of Kojiro is a Mythic Tale in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Mythic Tales are optional mini side-quests provided by the locals, these quests are identified with a blue marker where Jin listens to stories and tales about legendary warriors as well as historical information about the island. Completing a Mythic Tale rewards players with unique various rewards.
The musician told me of a dmeon. no, a aman named Jokiro who wishes to duel me.
But first, I must duel the five Straw Hats who joined him. If that's what it takes, I will accept their challenge.
The Six Blades of Kojiro Information
- Location: Umugi Cove
- Act 2 - Retake Castle Shimura
- Quest Giver: Musician Yamato
- Prerequisite: Complete the A New Horizon main quest.
The Six Blades of Kojiro Rewards
The Six Blades of Kojiro Objectives
- Find the musician in Umugi
- Defeat the five Straw Hat Assassins
- Speak with the musician in Umugi Cove
- Locate the duel entrance at Omi Monastery
- Speak with Kojiro
- Duel on the Mirror of Sacred Light
The Six Blades of Kojiro Walkthrough
Find the musician in Umugi
- Head to the village in Umugi Cove and you'll find Yamato the musician who looks frightened.
- After listening to the tale, you'll be given the task to find the location of 5 Straw Hat Assassins and defeat them.
- There are 5 Duels you'll need to complete:
- Duel Under Autumn Leaves against Kanetomo
- Duel of Crashing Waves against Tomotsugu
- Duel in the Drowning Marsh against Yasumasa
- Duel Among Spider Lilies against Hirotsune
- Duel Under Falling Water against Kiyochika
- These are all marked on the map, so you simply just need to follow the marker and travel to the location.
- Remember that during a duel, Jin cannot use his tools. It mainly is a one-on-one swordfight where you can only dodge, parry, and strike. You can switch Stances here to change Jin's style.
Speak with the musician in Umugi Cove
- After defeating the last Ronin, head back to Umugi Cove and speak to the musician.
- He will give you the location of the dueling ring where Kojiro can be found.
Locate the duel entrance at Omi Monastery
- Make your way to the Omi Monastery which is near Mount Omi on the far north-west side of the Toyotama.
- Upon arriving at Omi Monastery, follow the path on the right side of the Buddha statue and follow the marker which will lead you to Kojiro's hideout.
- Here, you'll find Kojiro. Speak to him to start the last duel.
- Just like any duel, you'll have to rely on your patience and take advantage of counterattacks when you successfully dodge his unblockable attacks.
- Most of the time Kojiro will keep his guard up and he'll strike you if you keep attacking.
- This time, it's all about your skill in parrying, blocking, and dodging.
- A recommended tip here is to invest in unlocking the Perfect Dodge technique. Kojiro moves a lot and is fast compared to the other straw hats, so you'll heavily rely on dodging. And with the perfect dodge technique, you can unleash a lethal attack if you hit the mark correctly.
- USE THE SAMURAI CLAN ARMOR. This tale is available in Act 2, so you've already gotten the armor from Act 1. It's unmissable, and you'll obtain that from completing the main tale, The Tale of Lady Masako.
- The Samurai Clan Armor reduces the damage dealt by enemies, increases Jin's health, and the recovery rate of his resolve whenever he takes damage. Invest in upgrading this armor - although it may take a bit of time to defeat him, at least with defense being the trick up your sleeve, Kojiro will have a hard time to defeat you.
- Take note when he sheathes his blade. Do not attack him! But wait for him to strike and use a sidestep to dodge then counterattack.
- Repeat this process and you'll eventually win the duel.
- Defeating him will complete this mythic tale and will be rewarded with Kensei's Armor, the Kensei Headband, and Moderate Legend Increase.
The Six Blades of Kojiro Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- It is recommended that you start this tale with at least learning at least the Heavenly Strike technique so that you can unleash an unblockable attack.
- When you are in a duel against the straw hats, you won't be able to use your tools here such as kunai or smoke bomb. It literally is a standoff where both warriors simply clash blades.
- Try to partake in finishing the side quests first (Tales of Tsushima) to obtain more techniques for deflecting and evasion that can be found under Samurai Techniques.
- Locating Hot Springs will help increase Jin's health and completing Bamboo Strikes will help increase his Resolve. These two are critical and are recommended for you to grind so that you can stand a chance against the straw hats, especially the last boss. Click on the links to identify where to find these collectibles.