The Coward of Yarikawa is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
Yarikawa Stronghold is under Mongol siege, and their best archers have gone missing. If Yuna and I can return them safely home, they can aid the town’s defence – and we will prove our good intentions. I will meet Yuna in Old Yarikawa to begin the search.
The Coward of Yarikawa Information
- Location: Old Yarikawa
- Quest Giver: Yuna
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Prerequisite: The Walls of Yarikawa
The Coward of Yarikawa NPCs
The Coward of Yarikawa Rewards
The Coward of Yarikawa Objectives
- Meet Yuna in Old Yarikawa
- Examine the dead Mongols
- Search for tracks
- Follow the unknown tracks
- Search the house for archers
- Save Taka from the bear
- Search the house for archers
- Speak with Yuna
- Search near the camp fire
- Follow the tracks
- Approach the archers
- Survey the Mongol camp
- Speak with Taka
- Trigger the ambush at the right time
- Defeat the Mongols
- Speak with Daikoku
The Coward of Yarikawa Walkthrough
Meet Yuna in Old Yarikawa
- Right after completing The Walls of Yarikawa, you'll learn from Taka that their best archers have been missing.
- To start, open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Head to Old Yarikawa and speak to Yuna to start the quest - a cutscene will then trigger.
- Upon starting, you'll see dead bodies of Mongol soldiers just in front of Jin. Approach it and examine the bodies.
- Next, look for the tracks which are also near the bodies. It's also in front - you'll now need to follow the footprints.
- The trail will lead you to an old abandoned house.
The Old House
- Prepare your blade and approach the house slowly.
- A bear will break through the door and attack the team.
- Make sure to dodge its unbreakable attacks that are marked with red lines. This bear can literally send you flying into the air if it hits you.
- Kill the bear and loot its body to obtain Predator Hides. After that's done, head inside the house and search for clues.
- You'll find some archer's gear on the right side. Examine it. Next, check the Goza mats. Yuna then finds something and calls out Jin and Taka. Check on her by the firewood, then examine the explosive barrels nearby.
- The next clue you'll find will be more footprints near Yuna, but before you proceed further, make sure to check the area to gather resources.
Track the Archers
- Near Yuna, you'll find more tracks. Follow it and Taka will call out that he sees the archers who are heading up the hill.
- Follow the archers and approach them at the top of the hill. Here, you'll meet Daikoku, one of the finest archers of Yarikawa - speak to him and another cutscene will trigger.
- After the exchange of dialogue, you'll have to scout the Mongol camp for points of interest.
- First, check the middle part where you'll see a prison caravan. Next on the left, you'll see the rest of the archers who are held captive.
Ambush the Mongol Caravan
- Enjoy the cutscene between Jin and the brave Taka. Now you'll need to trigger the ambush at the right time.
- Wait for the caravan to approach between the explosive barrel before shooting it to cause an explosion. Or if you have explosive arrows or bombs, you can shoot the caravan directly to thin out their numbers.
- Once you've initiated the ambush, all that's left to do is to kill the remaining Mongol soldiers. There will be a lot of archers here, so quickly ready your bow and shoot them on the head.
- Make sure to kill the 2x Mongol leader to obtain a point used to unlock a new Stance.
- After killing all the Mongol guards, speak to Daikoku to complete this tale.
- You'll be rewarded with Major Legend Increase for successfully finishing this main quest.
The Coward of Yarikawa Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.