The Tale of Lord Shimura
|Prev.||Eternal Blue Sky|
|Quest Type||Main Quest|
|Reward/s||Major Legend Increase|
The Tale of Lord Shimura is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
The Khan is defeated, but I have one last personal matter to deal with...
Lord Shimura has asked me to meet him under the red-leafed tree by Omi Lake. I need to face him. I won't keep running.
The Tale of Lord Shimura Information
- Location: Omi Village
- Quest Giver: n/a
- Act 3: Kill the Khan
- Prerequisite: Complete Eternal Blue Sky.
The Tale of Lord Shimura NPCs
The Tale of Lord Shimura Rewards
The Tale of Lord Shimura Objectives
- Travel to your Old Sparring Circle by Omi Lake
- Wait on the Dock for Lord Shimura
- Ride with Lord Shimura
- Push the Wagon with Lord Shimura
- Ride with Lord Shimura
- Follow Lord Shimura
The Tale of Lord Shimura Walkthrough
Meet Lord Shimura
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- You can either fast travel or ride all the way to Omi Village, then proceed to the old sparring circle by the lake where Lord Shimura requests to meet you.
- This is the same area where Yuriko goes to calm down after witnessing Jin slaughter the Straw Hat swordsmen.
- Approach the dock when you arrive at the lake and wait for Lord Shimura.
Ride with Lord Shimura
- Once he arrives, follow him and ride with him to the village where you'll encounter a peasant.
- Help Lord Shimura and the peasant push the wagon. Approach it and press R2.
- After helping the man, ride your mount and continue following Lord Shimura until you reach the graveyard- another cutscene will then trigger.
- You'll now need to compose a haiku after the cutscene. It's up to you on how to compose the haiku.
- After composing the haiku and the cutscene, you'll now have to duel against Lord Shimura.
Choose your Path
- Stone Stance will be your go-to stance here for this duel.
- Watch out for the red unblockable attacks and make sure you dodge it.
- At this point in the game, you should have unlocked most of the techniques, especially the Unyielding Sword Parry technique.
- If you have unlocked that technique, you will be able to parry blue attacks. Successfully landing the parry will allow Jin to counterattack as well.
- To defeat him easily, make sure to use Heavenly Strike and Dance of Wrath if you have enough Resolve nodes. And if the Ghost Stance is available, go ahead and use it.
- Once you've depleted Lord Shimura's health bar, you will be given the option to walk away and to let him live or to honor his wish by killing him. Whichever choice you pick will not affect the trophy you acquire for completing the game.
- If you choose to let him live, Lord Shimura will warn him that "The Ghost will be hunted for the rest of his days" and that Jin is fully aware of the path he takes. This is considered the good ending of the game. Jin wears his signature mask and walks away.
- If you choose to kill him, you will be given a second option to confirm your decision. Jin then says his last words, uses his tanto, and plunges it into Lord Shimura. He honors his uncle's wish of recognizing the way of the samurai and weeps in sorrow as Lord Shimura dies in his arms. This is considered the bad ending of the game.
- This finishes the game and Jin's journey.
- Currently, there is no New Game Plus. You can click here to learn more about New Game Plus.
The Tale of Lord Shimura Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.