The Broken Blacksmith
|Prev.||The Tale of Ryuzo|
|Next||Hammer and Forge|
|Quest Type||Main Quest|
|Reward/s||Major Legend Increase|
The Broken Blacksmith is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
Yuna and I have tracked her brother to a prison camp in the walled town of Azamo Bay. If we're going to save Taka, we need to find help... and Yuna says she has a friend for the job.
I'll meet her at this friend's house. Just outside of Azamo Bay.
The Broken Blacksmith Information
- Location: Southern Azamo
- Quest Giver: Yuna
- Act 1: Rescue Lord Shimura
- Rescue Yuna's blacksmith brother.
- Prerequisite: Complete The Warrior's Code
The Broken Blacksmith NPCs
The Broken Blacksmith Rewards
- Major Legend Increase
The Broken Blacksmith Objectives
- Meet Yuna at her friend’s home in southern Azamo
- Wait while Kenji packs up his sake cart
- Travel with Kenji and Yuna
- Do not draw any unwanted attention
- Hide in Kenji’s sake cart
- Remain hidden until you reach Azamo bay
- Do not raise the alarm
- Follow Yuna
- Survey the path ahead
- Follow the Mongol slaver to find Taka
- Find a way through the market
- Follow the Mongol slaver to find Taka
- Reach the north gate of Azamo Bay
- Escape Azamo Bay
- Meet up with Kenji at the crossroads
- Ride with your allies
The Broken Blacksmith Walkthrough
Meet Yuna at her friend’s home in southern Azamo
- This quest is unlocked after completing The Warrior's Code.
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Travel to the southern part of Azamo and make your way to the house of Yuna's friend named Kenji.
- Head inside the house and a cutscene will trigger.
Travel with Kenji and Yuna
- After the cutscene, wait for Kenji to pack up his sake cart, then travel with both of them on foot.
- The plan is to hide Jin and Yuna in the cart in order to breach the area.
- As you travel on foot, you are also tasked to not draw any unwanted attention. So avoid any stealthy kills or encounters. Save that for later.
- At some point, the trio sees a group of Mongols. Approach the cart and head inside to hide.
- You'll now need to hide inside the cart until you reach Azamo Bay.
- Once you're in, follow Yuna around the encampment and DO NOT RAISE THE ALARM.
Survey the path ahead
- Simply follow Yuna and survey the area head from the rooftop.
- Jin sees the slaver who is interrogating the prisoners. Now, you'll need to follow the slaver without being detected.
- If he gets too far from you, you'll be prompted that the slaver is getting away and you'll have a 15-second countdown to try and follow him.
Follow the Mongol slaver to find Taka
- Use the rooftops along the way to avoid being detected and to track the Mongol slaver.
- Eventually, one of the slaves will mention Taka. So you'll have to follow him to where Taka is being held.
- A cutscene will then trigger - Yuna assassinates the slaver and reunites with his brother.
Escape Azamo Bay
- After the cutscene, you'll need to escape the encampment by reaching the north gate.
- As you approach the gate, the Mongols will sound the alarm. Ignore it and follow the siblings to the gate.
- Climb up the crates to jump over the gate. Continue straight to path and rendezvous with Kenji.
- Of course, it won't be a walk in the park. You'll encounter a group of Mongol soldiers patrolling the area.
- You could fight them, but the wise thing to do is to stay on the side to avoid getting detected until you reach the rendezvous point.
- When you reach the meeting point, hide by the tall grass, and wait for Kenji. He'll arrive along with Yuna, Taka, and Jin's horses.
- From here, ride your horse and travel with the others until you reach Archer's rise.
- Upon arriving at the safe haven another cutscene will trigger which completes this quest.
The Broken Blacksmith Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.