A Reckoning in Blood is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
Preparations are complete for our battle to reclaim Castle Shimura and defeat Khotun Khan.
I should speak with my uncle at his staging camp and see if he’s ready to launch the attack.
A Reckoning in Blood Information
- Location: Kishu
- Quest Giver: Lord Shimura
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Prerequisite: Complete the following main quests, A Message in Fire, The Ghost of Yarikawa, and Ghosts from the Past.
A Reckoning in Blood NPCs
A Reckoning in Blood Rewards
A Reckoning in Blood Objectives
- Speak with Lord Shimura
- Find Yuna
- Speak with Yuna
- Leave Lord Shimura’s war camp
- Travel to Fort Koyasan
- Survey Fort Koyasan
- Enter Fort Koyasan
- Make your way to the upper gate
- Break free from your bonds
- Recover gear
- Defeat all the Straw Hats
- Escape from the inner courtyard
- Follow Yuna
- Defeat all enemies
A Reckoning in Blood Walkthrough
Speak to Lord Shimura
- Open your Journal in the menu and track the tale to mark the location of the first objective.
- Travel to Kishu, head to Lord Shimura's camp that is now used as a training camp, and speak to him to begin.
- After the cutscene, find Yuna who's also at the camp with Taka and speak to her.
- Once you've spoken to Yuna, head to the front entrance of the camp, leave the area, and travel to Fort Koyasan.
- Fort Koyasan can be found in the north-eastern part of the map. You can either Fast Travel to a location near the fort or ride all the way there.
Survey Fort Koyasan
- Once you've arrived at the location, head to the vantage point to survey the fort.
- You'll now enter the survey mode. While you scout the area, Taka will arrive and a cutscene will trigger.
- Taka decides to help Jin as a distraction. He will try to catch their attention for the Mongols to chase after him.
- Once you see some of Mongols leave the area, head inside the fort from the front entrance and assassinate the remaining guards.
- Make your way to the upper courtyard and eliminate the rest of the guards you'll encounter.
- After clearing the area, continue working your way up until you reach the gate of the inner courtyard - open it and another cutscene will trigger.
Break free from your bonds
- Jin gets knocked out by one of Ryuzo's men and awakens captured and tied to a pillar along with Taka.
- Quickly tap the X button to free yourself from your bonds - when you're about halfway, you'll hear footsteps approaching and another cutscene will trigger.
- After the cutscene, continue to break free from your bonds by continuously tapping the X button.
- Recover your gear which is on the right side, next to where you were tied up. It's inside a box.
- Now, you'll have to escape and defeat all of the Straw Hats in the area. There are about 8 of them here.
- You can either approach this as stealthy as you can or challenge them to a Standoff and defeat the rest.
- Once you've killed all the ronin, make your way to the gate of the inner courtyard to escape.
- You'll bump into Yuna once you reach the gate and another cutscene will trigger.
Fight alongside Yuna
- Yuna asks for her brother and as Jin bears the news she quickly rushes to Taka's body.
- Follow her and another cutscene will trigger.
- Mongol reinforcements will then arrive and you will need to kill every single one of them alongside Yuna.
- For the first wave of enemies, it will be swordsmen and three dogs. Ready your bow and shoot the dogs first, then change your stance to Stone Stance to quickly eliminate the guards.
- For the second wave, more straw hat swordsmen will appear alongside Mongol guards wielding a shield. Change to Water Stance in order to take out the shield-wielding guards.
- And for the last wave, more swordsmen will arrive along with a brute-type guard. You should have enough points accumulated to activate the Ghost Stance. Use it to instill fear against them and to instantly kill them.
- If you have unlocked it, use the Moon Stance against the brute.
- Once you've killed all of the enemies, another cutscene will trigger.
- The quest ends after the cutscene and you'll also obtain the trophy: "Dying Embers".
- Also, if you have unlocked the Lament of Storm song, you can play it with the flute, next to Taka's grave to unlock the "Dirge of the Fallen Forge" trophy.
A Reckoning in Blood Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.