From the Darkness is a Main Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Main Quests in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) are categorized as "Jin's Journey", these are highlighted in Gold and focuses on the main campaign of the game. Completing main quests reward Jin with various items such as reputation points, tools, resources, charms, and story progression. Please see Quests for other walkthroughs on other tasks.
The first day of battle ended in a bloody stalemate. Lord Shimura insists on pressing forward at dawn, but I know there’s another way.
From the Darkness Information
- Location: Castle Shimura
- Quest Giver: n/a
- Prerequisite: Complete "The Fate of Tsushima"
From the Darkness NPCs
From the Darkness Rewards
From the Darkness Objectives
- Speak with Yuna
- Infiltrate the first keep of Castle Shimura
- Eliminate the Mongols in the first keep.
- Survey the Mongol defenses
- Sneak through the garden
- Poison the Mongol’s fermented milk
- Enter the main keep to confront the Khan
- Duel with Ryuzo
From the Darkness Walkthrough
Infiltrate the First Keep of Castle Shimura
- This quest is immediately available upon completing "The Fate of Tsushima".
- To begin this quest, speak to Yuna who is standing next to a crack on the wall.
- Before you begin to infiltrate the keep of Castle Shimura, make sure to check the merchants to purchase upgrades.
- For this objective, you'll need to sneak inside the keep. Avoid being detected and to raise the Mongol alarm.
- Head down the rocks on your right and begin by swinging onto the wood and land onto the rock by the waterfall.
- Cross the fallen tree trunk and jump towards the ledge where you can grapple on.
- Climb to the top until you reach a window leading to the keep. When you reach it, immediately crouch to avoid being seen by the patrolling Mongol guard that's inside.
- When you see it looking inside one of the rooms, jump through the window and assassinate the guard.
- Use your Focused Hearing to hear enemy movements. There will be a bunch of enemies here that are patrolling so always use the focused hearing to check for enemies around every corner.
- Climb up the ladder, then quickly move behind the wall. There's another Mongol guard here.
- Assassinate the guard then climb up the next ladder to reach the top.
- There's an archer her and a spearsman. Use focused hearing to identify which side of the tower they are at.
- Once you've killed both guards, head to the survey point to begin scouting the area.
- There are four points of interest here that you need to find. One in the middle, and three to the left.
Sneak through the garden
- Once you've surveyed the area, you need to sneak through the garden.
- From where the survey point is, jump down to the roof and you'll see a slackline that you can stand and walk on to avoid the enemy's line of sight.
- Keep going forward until you reach the watch platform where there's an archer. Approach the guard then assassinate him.
- Continue crossing by using the slackline then jump onto the top of the shed that's on the right.
- Once you're on it, if you look to the left side by the locked gate, you'll see a crack on the wall that you can squeeze through to get into the garden.
- Use a wind chime or firecracker to distract the Mongol guards if they are near the crack - when they're not looking quickly move towards the crack and squeeze through to reach the garden.
Poison the Mongol’s fermented milk
- Once you're through, hide by the tall grass and continue forward until you reach a stone wall. There will be a Mongol soldier ahead that you can assassinate.
- Climb up the wall and position yourself on top of the roof of a circular tent. You'll see another slackline that you can walk on and use to cross to the other roof.
- From here, just stay on high ground, make sure you are crouching to avoid being seen and make your way towards the barrels of milk.
- Make sure to use your wind chime or firecrackers to distract them if you need to.
- There are two barrels here that you need to reach. Once you approach one, press R2 to poison it - you'll trigger another cutscene once you're done poisoning both barrels.
Duel with Ryuzo
- Right, so we've just poisoned a bunch of Mongol guards.
- Before heading to the main keep, make sure to check the tents to gather resources.
- Enter the keep and another cutscene will trigger... Guess what. it's Ryuzo again!
- After the cutscene, you'll enter a duel against Ryuzo. His moves are the same when you fought him in the quest "Shadow of the Samurai".
- Stone Stance is best to use against Ryuzo.
- Watch out for the unblockable attacks which are highlighted with a red line. Dodge and then counterattack.
- By now you also should have unlocked the Unyielding Sword Parry technique. If you did, you will be able to block and parry his attacks that are indicated with a blue line.
- When the opportunity is available, use one of your Mythic attacks such as Heavenly Strike to attack him with an unblockable attack. Just remember that unleashing a mythic attack requires Resolve. So keep an eye out for the number of Resolves that you have.
- Simply defeat Ryuzo to complete this mission.
From the Darkness Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.