A Thief of Innocence is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
A woman in Umugi Cove is calling out for her daughter. I’ll find out what’s happened.
A Thief of Innocence Information
- Location: Umugi Cove
- Quest Giver: Kuma's Mother
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: n/a
A Thief of Innocence Rewards
A Thief of Innocence Objectives
- Investigate Kuma’s disappearance
- Speak to the Ronin at the Dojo
- Follow the Ronin
- Search for the Numanaka Inn
- Find Kuma
A Thief of Innocence Walkthrough
Investigate Kuma’s disappearance
- This quest is available in Umugi Cove, you'll hear a woman who's looking for her daughter named Kuma.
- Kuma's mother mentions she last went to the dojo and never came back home. Speak to the Ronin who's by the fireplace near the mother's house, then speak to the other two in the dojo. After asking the second ronin in the dojo, you'll see another who'll step inside. Speak to the man and he'll mention that he knows the girl named Kuma.
Follow the Ronin
- He mentions that he can't speak to you at the dojo, follow him outside and another cutscene will trigger.
- The ronin turns out to be a friend of Kuma and that the last time he saw her, she left with a man who promised her a job at the Numanaka Inn.
- The location of the inn is automatically marked on the map and is quite far from Umugi Cove. You can travel by mount or just use fast travel to a location that is near the inn. It's on the north-west side of the map from Umugi Cove.
- When you reach the inn, you'll encounter bandits that you'll have to fight before you investigate the area.
- Kill all the bandits then head to the second floor of the inn, you'll find Kuma there held captive by the bandits.
- You'll learn that the bandits forced her to steal from people. After speaking to her, you need to lead Kuma to safety.
- Escort the girl to the marked location and you'll see the ronin you first spoke to who's blocking your way.
- A duel will immediately follow after the cutscene.
- Use Stone Stance against the straw hat Sanetoki. He'll usually start off with a lunging pierce attack which you can parry.
- Once he sheathes the katana, be ready to dodge an unblockable attack. Apart from that, most of his attacks can be parried and can be followed up with a counterattack.
- After the battle, approach the mother and daughter to speak to them. This completes the side quest.
A Thief of Innocence Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.