The Terror of Otsuna is a Side Quest in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT). Tales of Tsushima are categorized as the typical side quests of the game, these are optional where players partake through side activities of the game that advances side plots of the game. Side Quests heavily focuses on stories that revolve around NPCs encountered throughout the game. Completing a side quest rewards Jin with unique items and many more.
An Ishikawaw Tale (7 of 9).
Sensei Ishikawa’s former student, Tomoe, has plans to erect Mongol archery training camps acros Toyotama. One is in Otsuna. I need to find the sensei there, so together we can shut down Tomoe’s camp.
The Terror of Otsuna Information
- Location: Okada Farmstead
- Quest Giver: Sensei Ishikawa
- Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura
- Region: Toyotama
- Prerequisite: Complete the side quest "The Ghost and the Demon Sensei".
The Terror of Otsuna Rewards
The Terror of Otsuna Objectives
- Find Ishikawa inside the farmhouse
- Join Ishikawa’s hunt for Tomoe in Otsuna
- Go with Ishikawa to speak with Ran
- Walk with Ishikawa
- Travel to Tomoe’s training camp with Ishikawa
- Survey the camp
- Defeat Tomoe’s archers
- Search the camp for signs of Tomoe
- Chase after Tomoe
- See where Tomoe fell
- Return to Ishikawa
- Speak with Ishikawa
The Terror of Otsuna Walkthrough
Find Ishikawa inside the farmhouse
- This quest is available after completing "The Ghost and the Demon Sensei".
- Open your map or journal to track the location of this side quest.
- Travel to the north-east side of Kushi Grasslands and head to the Okada Farmstead.
- To begin the quest, head inside the farmhouse and speak to Sensei Ishikawa to begin the quest.
- Head outside the farmhouse with Ishikawa and speak to a woman named Ran who'll tell you about Tomoe.
Travel to Tomoe’s training camp with Ishikawa
- After speaking to her, ride with Ishikawa and head south-west of Otsuna to Tomoe's camp.
- The destination is quite far, so use Guiding Wind if needed in order to identify the right direction.
- When you arrive, head to the survey point to scout the camp ahead of you. This camp is similar to the one you encountered in the side quest "Dreams of Conquest".
- Scout the camp by starting to look at the left side where you'll see a supply of Japanese arrows and on the right, bodies used for archery practice.
- Just like before, you need to ambush the camp and kill all the Mongol soldiers in the area.
- Wait for the guards to group up then ready an explosive arrow and shoot it at them. Continue firing arrows at them while they are staggered and kill the remaining enemies.
- After clearing the area, look around the camp to search for clues. Make sure to check the camp that has a shed to find a Mongol artifact.
- Head towards the road that leads away from the campsite and you'll find footprints - a cutscene will then trigger.
Chase after Tomoe
- You'll then be ambushed but Ishikawa instructs you to chase after her while he fights the Mongol reinforcements.
- Moun your horse and chase after Tomoe. You just have to follow her until you reach the cliffs of Musashi Coast where another cutscene will trigger.
- After an exchange of dialogue, she'll jump off the cliff, heading into the ocean below. Walk to the edge of the cliff from where she was standing and look down to check.
- Jin won't find see her from above, so ride your horse, head back to the camp and speak to Ishikawa - this completes the side quest
The Terror of Otsuna Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes, Tips, and trivia.